Sunday, August 23, 2009

You can hear....

....the Grand Ol' Opry in Nashville Tennessee,
it's the home of country music on that we all agree;
but when you cross that ol' Red River hoss,
that don't mean a thing;
'cause when you're down in Texas, Bob Wills is still the king.

Yee Haw! Ain't that the truth, I love Bob Wills,
got his CD right here, gives me the chills.
Well now I'm in Adrian Texas and I got my eye,
on the Midpoint Cafe and some "ugly crust pie"!

Pie is one of my favorite food groups,
it's a whole lot hell of a better one than soups.
I like 'em all for raisin to cherry,
umm, coconut cream and blueberry.

Well, we got to find us a place to stay,
lots of the old motels is closed now, so they say,
it's just a small place the ol' Texas place in the sticks,
but it's the midpoint 'tween Chicago and LA, on old sixty-six.

Think I'll hang around here for 'nother day,
I kind of like it, so what do you say,
more pie tomorrow, now that's the thing,
bet it could even make ol' Meatloaf sing.

Hang in there partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment