Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Poteau...



Pineywoods cattle at Kerr Center is the draw,
Where one can stand in awe,
At these wonderful old cows or an older breed,
Brought by the Spaniards in the 1400's for their need.

In the Oklahoma town of Poteau near Arkansas,
These are among the the things I saw;
A wonderful small town place, known but to a few,
And now we know about it, me and you!

Now we'll be heading north and west, on to Tulsa,
The oil mans digs Divine, home of chips and salsa.
That's what we're looking for, well me not Jeff,
Ghosts don't eat much you know, so it's just me myself.
Ain't them some fancy critters, they got 'round here,
and you better watch out for them horns, see 'em there.
These cows was brought here by the Choctaw from down south;
now endangered this place won't make you down in the mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment